Knoxville Shoplifting & Theft Lawyers
Theft & Shoplifting Defense Attorneys In Knox County, TN
If you’ve been caught shoplifting or stealing in Tennessee, you could face criminal charges. Having a criminal charge brought against you is a very stressful experience, and the outcome can be devastating.
Alternatively, you may have been wrongfully accused of shoplifting or stealing. Our lawyers understand that shoplifting and stealing are often mistaken charges. There are plenty of reasons why you might have forgotten to pay or you might have been charged when you were with someone else who stole something. We can provide you with trustworthy guidance and direction in any theft scenario and help you achieve positive results.
Penalties For Shoplifting and Theft
Theft offenses in Tennessee are classified into two categories:
- Theft of property – knowingly obtaining or exercising control over the property of another without their consent
- Theft of services – obtaining services by fraud or deception, leaving a place of business after receiving service without paying, or receiving any service that requires payment without paying
Your charges will vary depending on how you are charged:
If the theft value is:
- $1000 or less Class A misdemeanor (Up to one year in jail and $2,500 in fines)
- $1000-$2,500 Class E felony (1-6 years in prison and up to $3,000 in fines)
- $2,500-$10,000 Class D felony (2-12 years in prison and up to $5,000 in fines)
- $10,000-$60,000 Class C felony (3-15 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines)
- More than $60,000 Class B felony (8-30 years in prison and up to $25,000 in fines)
You can count on us to defend your rights and help you get the best defense possible.
Contact A Knoxville Theft & Shoplifting Defense Attorney
Contact us today to talk with a shoplifting & theft defense attorney in Knoxville, TN. No matter what your Tennessee criminal law matter entails, you can be rest assured that our Knoxville law firm has the knowledge and skill needed to represent you. We focus exclusively on criminal defense and family law and are prepared to provide the tailored representation and counsel that you need to get the best results possible. Contact us today to set up a consultation and case evaluation!